Two Derbyshire stores handed over £200k facelift
Two community food stores in Derbyshire where colleagues have been going above and beyond to support locals during these uncertain times has been given a fresh new look following an investment of over £200,000.
The Central England Co-op in Wardgate Way, Holme Hall, and Main Street, Horsley Woodhouse, have received a raft of updates to give them a fresher, lighter feel and to include several new ranges and features to boost its offering to the local community.
The Holme Hall changes include:
· An updated product range to better reflect customers’ requirements including improved food to go and chilled alcohol sections
· New features such as a brand-new Tango Ice Blast machine and hot food unit
· New internal signage and decoration, including brand new flooring
Store Manager Terry Hall said: “I’m really pleased for the team and for our customers and members as well that we have had this investment as it has made a really positive difference to the store making it much brighter and more spacious.
“The feedback we have had from our customers so far has been so positive and I would like to thank the community for their patience while the work has been completed but I hope they agree with us that it has been worth it.”
The Holme Hall Food Store is open Monday-Sunday 6.30am-10pm. The store has a wide range of products from everyday necessities to something a little more special and also offers a lifesaving defibrillator, cash machine, Collect Plus/Paypoint, Lottery, instore bakery and a customer car park.
The Horsley Woodhouse transformation has seen numerous changes and improvements including:
· Extended refrigeration section including an extended chilled beers and wine and chilled snacking ranges
· Improved food to go section with new features such as a brand-new Tango Ice Blast machine, Rollover hot dogs and a free water refill station
· New internal signage and decoration, as well as the installation of a wheelchair-friendly customer toilet with a baby change unit
· New external signage and new outside features including seating areas and a bicycle repair station
Store Manager Bryan Towle said: “It feels like we have a brand new store and it is fantastic reward for the hard work of all the team. It feels like a fresh start after all the challenges of the last couple of years.
“The feedback to the changes has been really positive from our customers which has been great to hear, and I would like to thank the community for their patience while the work has been completed but I hope they agree with us that it has been worth it.”
The Main Street Food Store is open every day 7pm-10pm. The store has a wide range of products from everyday necessities to something a little more special and also offers a lifesaving defibrillator, cash machine, Lottery, Collect Plus/Paypoint, instore bakery and a customer car park.