Central England Co-op honours colleagues ‘Creating a sustainable Society for all’
Colleagues from across Central England Co-op recognised at glittering awards ceremony.
Hardworking colleagues at Central England Co-op have been recognised for their achievements over the past 12 months at a glittering awards ceremony.
The awards were held online and in person at the Hilton Metropole at the NEC Birmingham and recognised the huge contributions of Central England Co-op colleagues in living and breathing its purpose of ‘Creating a sustainable Society for all’.
The awards were presented by the Society’s Chief Executive Debbie Robinson and included in the nominees were teams and colleagues from across the Society’s family of businesses including its food stores, funeral homes, distribution centres and support teams.
Among the awards handed out on the night were Colleague of the Year and Leader of the Year, as well as prizes linked directly to its purpose, such as Environmental Sustainability Champion, Human Sustainability Champion and Inclusion Champion.
The winners were:
· Financial Sustainability Champion – Rebecca Mott, Store Manager, Ely Road, Sutton, Cambridgeshire
· Environmental Sustainability Champion – Steve Johnson, Section Manager, Distribution, Leicester
· Human Sustainability Champion – Sally Smith, Store Manager, Quorn, Leicestershire
· Inclusion Champion – Sunni Stewart, Store Manager, Mountsorrel, Leicestershire
· Learner of the Year – Nicole Suchy, Store Manager, Sprowston, Norfolk
· Support Team of the Year – HR Shared Services, Business Support Centre, Lichfield
· Trading Team of the Year – Senior Funeral Director Team, West region
· Leader of the Year – Craig Goldie, Loss Prevention Manager, Business Support Centre, Lichfield
· Colleague of the Year – Louise Wardle, Retail Process Lead, Business Support Centre
Sarah Dickins, Chief People Officer at Central England Co-op, said: “We truly believe that our colleagues make the difference. Our Creating a sustainable Society for all Awards 2021 were a fitting way to recognise those colleagues who every day are living and breathing our purpose and making a real difference to their colleagues, customers, members and our local communities.
“It was such a pleasure to spend the evening with so many inspirational and deserving colleagues and teams, and to rightly recognise their achievements. It was also wonderful to be able to welcome our winners from last year’s awards for their moment in the spotlight too when we weren’t able to hold an in-person ceremony last year.
“It is so important that we celebrate the wonderful contribution our colleagues make day in, day out to providing our customers and members with fantastic service and who are helping us in our mission to create a sustainable Society for all.
“I would like to say a massive well done to all those who received nominations and a big thank you for their continued dedication and commitment our Society”.
Here are some images from the ceremony...