A Central England Co-op in Derbyshire has been transformed with a major investment to create a more modern and sustainable food store for the local community.
The food store in Market Street, Bakewell, has been completely refreshed with a brand new look and a whole host of new features as the retailer outlines its commitment to the area.
The investment in the store has seen changes including:
· A zero-waste refill station, offering products such as cereals, coffee, pasta, rice and dried fruit as well as a partnership with Fieldfare offering ‘scoop your own’ frozen ingredients including a range of items such as pastries, Yorkshire puddings, Cornish pasties and fish cakes, as part of long-term efforts to cut down on plastic packaging and waste
· All new eco-friendly refrigeration and lighting
· New features including new self-checkout tills and kiosk and a new food to go section
· New signage, as well as improved lighting outside
· A new café and further signage improvements are planned for later in the year
It’s the latest of several major investments in the retailer’s larger stores in the first half of 2022 to create more modern and sustainable food stores, following the success of its award-winning transformation of its Boley Park store in Lichfield, Staffordshire which reopened in late 2020.
Bakewell Store Manager Wayne Ingham said: “It’s been such an exciting day to finally unveil our brand new look and we’re all so thrilled that this store has been chosen for such a significant transformation which offers our customers and members a much-improved shopping experience and some great new ranges and features.
“I’d like to thank our fantastic community in Bakewell for their patience while the work has taken place to bring this transformation to life. I hope now they have seen the end result they’ll agree with us it‘s been worth it.”
The Market Street Food Store is open from 8am to 8pm, Monday to Saturday, and 10am to 4pm on Sunday.
The store offers a wide range of products from everyday necessities to something a little more special. This includes fresh fruit and vegetables, an in-store bakery offering breads and pastries, chilled beers and wines and Irresistible and Fairtrade product ranges.
Customers also have the option to use Scan and Go allowing them to use a mobile app to help make their shopping experience even easier, while there is also Lottery, Paypoint, Collect Plus and foreign currency and a free cash machine.
The store now also offers home delivery with shopping delivered via an eco-friendly electric van.