Central England Co-op (CEC) can today reveal that it has shared out over £537,000 among its members as a reward for their loyalty.
The Society, which operates over 400 food stores and funeral homes across 20 counties, has said ‘thank you’ to over 119,000 members with its latest payout.
Now, shoppers can use their dividend when they next visit a Central England Co-op to pick up food and vital essentials.
The payout has been awarded to members in the following areas: West Midlands, Warwickshire, Worcestershire, Staffordshire, Derbyshire, Leicestershire, Rutland, Nottinghamshire, Northamptonshire, Lincolnshire, West Yorkshire, South Yorkshire, Lancashire, Suffolk, Norfolk, Bedfordshire, Gloucestershire, Wiltshire, Oxfordshire and Cambridgeshire.
Not only do shoppers benefit by being a member of the Society, but their continued support also allows the business to invest funds into supporting a whole host of important community projects and local good causes.
- £170,000 being shared between 136 charities and good causes via its Community Dividend Fund
- Distributing millions of meals to those in need via its food redistribution project with FareShare Midlands and store food bank donations
- Supporting long-term partners including Dementia UK with over £1.7 million now donated to the charity
- Its third annual Christmas Toy Appeal seeing 10,000 toys handed out to local charities and good causes
- Creating sustainable green spaces near some of its food stores and funeral homes for the benefit of the community
Gillian Trickitt, Membership Manager at Central England Co-op, said: “Our members are at the heart of everything we do, and we would like to thank them for their loyalty.
“Throughout the year, we give a share of our profits not only to our members, but to local community groups too and it’s because of our members that we can make a real difference and give back to our communities in the way we do.
“I’d like to thank members for their continued support and hope they enjoy this reward for their wonderful loyalty to CEC.”
Becoming a member of Central England Co-operative offers a whole host of benefits ranging from collecting points every time you spend in store to earn a share of the profits, access to member exclusive prices as well as activities and classes in the community.
It also gives access to community initiatives including the Community Dividend Fund, which hands out grants of up to £5,000 to charities and good causes across the Society’s trading estate.